Wednesday, July 16, 2008

new floors and a waxy kid

I know I haven't posted in awhile and this is why...



It was a lot of work but I'm so happy to get rid of my white carpet. Jake still has the stairs to do and the baseboards but it looks so good. I'm so happy!!!


On a side note Caden's class wrote reports on a great American and today they had "Mr. Skinner's House of Wax"

Caden did his report on Brigham Young and he looked awesome...


He's such a good little missionary.
And I'm extra proud because I spent zippo on the whole costume. (the beard is a mop) And yes that's a duplicate of a first edition Book of Mormon he has in his hand. Don't you all agree? He looked awesome!!!
I'm going to be out of town for the next couple of weeks. Brennen has EFY at USU next week and the following sat. is my class reunion. I know, What the CRap! But apparently it has been 20 years. I'd appreciate any input on what to wear. I'll let you know how it goes. Who knows maybe I'll even post on the road?

8 comments:

robin said...

I forgot to mention but we also did Brennen's room. It will make a mighty fine office someday!

MiandMiksmom said...

The floors look fabulous and I love the costume too! Um, as for the reunion attire...my ten year was at a pool...can you imagine who would plan a reunion where everyone had to wear a bathing suit? I mean, come on. She was a really skinny girl. ;)

Chellie said...

Great job on the floors. I want all new travertine... but Dame says we'll move before I get it. I'll keep trying though ;)

Love the BY costume. Great job!

My 15 year reunion is in 3 weeks, I'm not going because we'll be in Utah for 10 days starting this weekend and then again the 3rd week of August. But... if it's casual and since you are so cute and skinny, buy a pair of Buckle jeans and wear cute heels.

chris jenkins said...

the wood floors look fabulous :) jake did an awesome job.

love the Brigham Young costume -Caden looks great.

M said...

I love the floors! That's exciting. I didn't know you could do wood in Vegas.
Have fun in Utah. We wish we could be there to see you!

Babs said...

Wow. The floors look awesome...and Brennen did too. You have such a handy husband.

Nan said...

Wow, the floors are great! Caden you look as if you are pure wax!

Brynn said...

How fun to do home improvements. I LoVe it. lOvE iT!!!! I'm so jealous because I want wood floors. And your 20th reunion. I cant wait to hear about it. Is your husband going with you?
I love your little Brigham Young, He looks great. Good job!!!