Tuesday, August 5, 2008

utah and the class of 88 reunites (@ least the important people do)

We had a great time in UTAH!!! I was gone for 2 1/2 weeks so we did a ton but I'm going to try to recap it with some picts.



We partied it up while in Utah.

We hit the "This is the Place" park...
We had 17 cousins there!? Don't ask me where the others were but we did leave with all 17.

Then the boys (yes they let Dustin go at the last minute) and their cousin Jessica from Indiana all attended EFY at USU. Uncey John was the session director and they loved having him and Aunt Tauna there. It made them very popular. As it turned out Dustin didn't have a roommate and his room was right next door to the 16 & 17 yr. olds and they kept telling him to make sure his counselor knew he was there. I left him more than a little nervous. As it turned out he was fine he even made it into the variety show. He put his leg behind his head and stood up!!! I know, I had no idea he had such a talent.

This was the crew when we dropped them off. Emily (in the pink) is only 12 ): she didn't get to go this year but we are thinking she will squeeze in under the deadline next year, Dustin did the squeeze this year. The dark kid is Brennen's friend Adam.

We hit Lagoon hard! Some went twice, a lucky few went three times and the efy'rs went once. And this is the only picture I have...
Sitting at grandma's waiting for a ride to Lagoon. These are the lucky few who went 3 times minus Mathew plus Richie.

We had a lot of fun and then everyone left and it was just me waiting for the big reunion. Although I freaked out a little when I found out the dress was business casual and went and bought a new outfit. As it turns out Cache Valley's interpretation of business casual is a little different then here in Vegas and I could have worn the outfit I brought. (I orginally was following Chel's advise with the wide leg jeans) but hey, I got a new outfit! I had a lot of fun seeing everyone and I loved that it was at Sky View because it brought back some good memories. I even found my locker from my senior year. I had to laugh because when it came right down to it I just sat and laughed with my friends. Missy, Robyn (with a y) and we saw Erica at the park earlier that day. I hope that doesn't mean we are stuck up? Just a little self centered, right?

Anyways this was us then....
(Robyn, Robin, Missy & Erica)


and this is us now...
(Robin, Missy, Erica & Robyn)

TWENTY YEARS LATER!!!!!

I've added some other picts just for fun.


senior day @ Lagoon




graduation night (I think we were a little tired)

gotta love the jackets!


Sorry Erica I looked everywhere and couldn't find the senior picture we had taken that I promised I would post. I'll keep looking.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

Looks like fun. Too bad I had that class or I could have gone to Lagoon three times. We used to try and sleep in the minivan the night before Lagoon b/c we were so excited. Then Dad would come out and call us knuckle heads send us back in the house. I made a comment earlier about you being old b/c of the pictures you posted but then decided it was a little harsh and deleted it. Sorry about that.
Ryan

Roger That said...

So cute! I love the pictures of you and your friend from HS. It was my reunion this summer too and I didn't get to go. I didn't know about it until 3 weeks before and that was not enough time. Looks like you had so much fun.

Tauna said...

I was worried that you wouldn't make it to smithfield in time- being so rushed and having to get ready and all, but looks like you did- you look way cute! I love the before and now pictures. You 4 really were great friends- and look at you now ... you still are. fun friends!

July really was fun- i think I miss it really bad....

Tauna said...

one more thing.... I have to tell you that seriously was the greatest week of EFY We've ever had. Yes it did magnify it having nephews and a niece there, but wow- what an awesome week. Your two boys are great kids! It was fun watching them throughout the whole week. And yes...talk about talented!!! we love them so much!

Nan said...

I must say, you guys have grown old w/ style. I'm thinking you have all made some major improvements in the hair area. Ha!

I think we managed just great w/ 17 kids. It sure is getting more fun with the kids growing up and watching their relationships and not so many diapers! Thanks for making our Lagoon passes worth the $.

Chellie said...

Oh so fun!

I love the Utah recap and the pictures. All of the kids have grown up so much and so fast.
How fun for John and Tauna and the kids! EFY is great fun. I wish that I would have known because Damien's little sisters were there this year!!

I love the hair picture at graduation, but the picture of you now is beautiful! You all look the same as I remember you back then.

Way to follow my advice :) You always look cute, no matter what!

Erica said...

Robin, Those pictures are great. We were pretty styling. Those were the good times. It's fun that we have all stayed friends for so long. It will make it easier to keep up on each others blogs. Now we need to get Missy and Robyn to do it. It was great to see you and your family and spend a little time catching up.

Brynn said...

Robin, we had the same hair style's in high school. very cute. what a fun trip. i love the acid wash jean jackets too. very stylish. i think i had a guess jacket just like that. miss you.. lets do lunch!!!