Friday, November 16, 2007

...lean your ear this way

i'm not sure what i'm doing or why, for that matter, but here i am! i would like to give a big shout out to my friend chris and her foto skills. i'm anxiously awaiting to view my photo shoot. i've added the preview picts she e-mailed me (hope that's ok). as you can tell she is very talented and i highly recommended her. but enough of the introductions let's get down to the nitty-gritty.

ho! ho! ho! i know it's not even thanksgiving yet, and i'm the last person to try to rush Christmas but i have a story. i asked my boys what they want santa to bring. dustin, of course, has no idea nor will he anytime before Christmas which makes it fun because i get to pick what he doesn't even know he wanted. caden wants a cam-corder so he can make movies, doable. brennen wants surround sound in his bedroom. what!? and dillon, my 8 yr old, wants a red and black laptop, not a toy but a real one so he can do his homework on it and play his games anytime he wants. what have i created?

10 comments:

Chellie said...

Yay! I'm the first to comment!

I'm so glad you entered the blogging world... now if only we can get Nan started!

I love the Christmas lists for the boys. Ryker says he wants church socks and underwear. :) He's so cute. However, I believe there is a laptop in store for him! Boys are fun... and simple.... bring on the electronics!!

Leslie S. said...

I am so excited! I have added you into my favorite blogs to visit. Happy Thanksgiving/Pre Christmas!

MiandMiksmom said...

WAHOO! Okay, first: Welcome! Second: The pictures are absolutely amazing. Does she have a website? I would love to see her work. Third: Your kids' lists are hilarious...can't wait to see what you're going to do!

M said...

Woo-hoo. We are so happy you are now a blogger. Love it!

Tauna said...

sweet!! we're both new at this blogging thing. Now we just need to convince the rest of the fam to join us!
this post is hilarious. What are you going to do?! We miss you guys so much too! Can't wait till we see next.

Babs said...

Congrats! I was thinking about joining the blogosphere too. Your pics look really good.

Nan said...

Wow, you said you did it and for some reason I didn't believe you. I just found this link on Chaunettes site. One day for me, maybe....
About those lists. We warned you. You need to post your saying to your kids why some kids get more than others. It's great!

barlows said...

Finally! I am glad you are sharing a Robin tidbit here and there AND the photos from Chris look AWESOME! And not to be all English teacher-y, cuz I am already am avid reader of your blog (seriously you're saved on my faves and I've checked it daily since your email), and I PROMISE not to check your grammar, etc. BUT, add another "o" in your "to." Just for me. It's on my Christmas list. I know it's no black and red laptop (I think it's great Dillon has a color preference to his laptop!), but also very do-able. I can't wait to find out what else you start when Tyler takes Jake on yet another fishing trip. Love ya! Post soon :)

robin said...

thanks english teacher. i totally had two o's and then the next day it didn't look right so i changed it and the next day it still didn't look right but i left it and i'm so confused right now. but if your willing to give free grammer lesson i'm open to you critics.

barlows said...

Just remember that when you're talking about an excess (ie how short time is) the more o's the better. Really, you can spell it however you want to (correct English just means we have to understand what you're saying). But thanks for the early Christmas present!