Tuesday, November 27, 2007

gooble,gooble.....charge!

Did anyone else think it would be a great idea to get up at 5:30 last Friday morning and go shopping? Jake and I did, only we had two hurdles to jump. 1-we were in Utah (St. George) so 5:30 was really 4:30. 2- we were too late because those who got the great deals had been up since 2:30 if they slept at all. It was crazy, we walked into Target and walked right back out. Nothing was cheap enough to endure that mayhem!!! Luckily Michelle had stayed in Vegas so she was able to get one item for us. (thanks Michelle) Then we hit two more stores, mainly to see if I could find my cousin Suz. I did, she and Tony got a screaming deal in Staples. We then went to breakfast it was only a little after 7:00 (I think). I did make it to Tai Pan, didn't get any screaming deals but got some way cute Christmas stuff and a free platter for being there before 8:30. That and the dollar off prize I won at Old Navy made it worth it. NOT!

Jake was in awe at the Utah hair in Tai Pan. He decided that they have two main hairstyles, short w/birds nest in back or poofy on top then straight down. I just laughed but he was serious and he says they run in packs. Hey, I just have to give him a big shout out for actually staying in the store with me for 1 1/2 hours. He's awesome!!!

8 comments:

Chellie said...

Wow, I'm impressed you even did that! I don't venture out-- there is just nothing worth getting up that early and dealing with traffic and that many people!! :)
Kudos to Jake-- he rocks!
oh yeah and the hairstyles... that's hilarious.

MiandMiksmom said...

That is hilarious! I didn't make it out shopping, at all...not worth the craziness. It actually sounded a little fun though...especially checking out the hairstyles. Jake would love to come to red-neck Georgia...now them's got some good hair.

Leslie S. said...

Love the hair-do observations.

barlows said...

Tru Dat to the hair-y looks. Southern Utah seems to be improving the look compared to the north, we've noticed.

chris jenkins said...

jake deserves an award for braving the shopping!

i think they all look like clones in st. george with their dos

Nan said...

what?? I do not have a birds nest or poofy hair on top.lol! I definetly think it has a lot to do w/ southern utah. That's when we had big hair.
Shopping in Vegas is worth the hoopla but being in Utah where everyone is out to save a dime is a waste of time. Good job Jake! That makes two years in a row that you ventured out so early! He has more adventure in him than most women.

The Roe Family said...

no worries i always got your back

Sarah said...

Hey Robin. I just was looking at Sarah B's blog and saw that you posted. Wahoo you're a blogger too!