Wednesday, December 12, 2007

this ain't my 1st rodeo


Jake and I went to the NFR monday night. It was a good time and I broke out the red boots for the occasion. I don't think they have been out of the closet for years but the dust just added to the atmosphere. I have to say that when I get to go to the rodeo it makes me a little home-sick for the "ditch" (Panguitch). These red boots have seen a lot of rodeo and dances afterwards. When we would go to the rodeo out at bryce canyon my sister and cousins use to take the cadillac and pull it right down to the fence with the all the trucks. The cowboys laughed but it always managed to climb back out. (hope grandma doesn't mind) Then there was the 24th of July, the rodeo would go on for 4 or 5 days and they had dances every night. Now those were good times.
The best thing about the red boots is that grandma has a pair just like them!

I could go on forever with the memories so I'll stop.

(Nan the boots fit fine, even though you stuck you big foot in them to wear to the Chris Ladoux (sp?) concert)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Chellie said...

You're one HOT mama!
Such fun memories-- I even remember those boots! We are so blessed to have the family we have and the many memories that will be treasured always!

chris jenkins said...

those red boots are happening!

M said...

I love them. I bet you were the hottest cowgirl there.

MiandMiksmom said...

The boots are fabulous! The memories are fabulous too. Remember the night we had the bright idea to hang on to the outside of the car on the way home from the dance and I fell off on my stomach?

Nan said...

You were "one" of the hottest. I have my black boots that went all the way to my knee and they were cute! They are trashed b/c I wore them so much "swinging".
We are way jealous you got to go. We just saw it on the news last night and said "one day....". The benefits of living in Vegas~

The Roe Family said...

Love the boots I may have to borrow them.

Roger That said...

Oh my gosh!! I love those red boots. I don't think they are from RCIS but they remind me of all the great cowboys and western wear that made RCIS so much fun. Yee-Ha!