Saturday, December 8, 2007

"tis the season"

Last night we had our ward Christmas party. We had a great time and came home and chilled on the couch. Then this morning Caden comes into the bedroom and tells us that he threw up 3 times last night. Jake jumped right up and I heard the shampooer going so I stayed in my nice warm bed. (shampooing is a one man job, right?) Anyways, it turns out that he threw up once, came in and we were sleeping so peacefully (or I was he claims Jake was snoring) that he decided not to disturb us. Then he continued to throw up twice more. I can't believe we, or Jake, didn't wake up. So I went over the rules with the boys like it's easier to wash bedding then to shampoo carpet and pillows are disposable. Now the rest of us are anxiously awaiting our turn. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it was salmonella or botulism and he was the only one that partook. If not at least we will all be a little skinnier come Christmas! HO HO HO

Broke out my Kenny & Dolly Christmas CD today. Now it's really looking (or sounding) a lot like Christmas.

3 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

Hilarious! And actually, I will take carpet over bedding, because then I worry that the mattresses stink and whatever, so I think he did great. I can't believe he didn't wake you guys up...what a sweet kid! Oh, and I'm sure it was food poisoning...you never know at potlucks what will happen...it's a little like gambling.

Nan said...

Wow, Caden, can you give my kids a lesson? I get woken up each night by something or another usually bad dreams.

So did anyone else get sick? I always pray it's food poisoning but eventually the bug gets passed.
And yes, shampooing is a one "man" job, whoever coined that phrase was a genius.

Chellie said...

I hope no one else gets sick!!
What a cute kid... didn't even want to wake you up!