Friday, May 9, 2008

i'm back


I'm back! We had a great time at Women's Conference. This was the second year with the sisters and the first with mom. We had so much fun.


Every year Shadow Mt. puts on a concert thurs night. Last year we skipped out on the service project. (because I wasn't feeling well, that's legit right?) Well this year we SERVED and yes we were mainly doing it for the good seats at the concert but got much more out of it. We quilted until our fingers were numb (not really). Then got to sit smack dab in the middle about 14 rows up. Yeah!!!!
This was our favorite group Eclipse. They totally rocked and we gave them a cell phone.


We also got to see Jenny Jordan Frogley, Micheal McLean, Kenneth Cope and Hillary Weeks (she's hillarious).



We stayed in the dorms and mom walked into our dorm and made me take a picture of the shoes I brought. (Yes we were only there for 2 days but... you never know) The yellow ones I bought in the BYU bookstore. Best shopping ever!!! They do squeak a little but not as bad as Nan's red ones. (however Nan's are really cute)



Loved the classes and we thought that the concert was totally worth the price of the whole conference until the final day.
I've met President Monson at one of my dad's mission conferences and always knew that he was a great man. However, I was not prepared for when he walked into the MC. I was in there with 17 thousand other women and when he walked in it fell silent and tears came to my eyes as the spirit testified that he is the living prophet.
It was awesome!

CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!

10 comments:

Suz EQ said...

Sounds like you girls had a blast. That is so awesome you all get together to do that every year. You were probably the life if the party. As usual. How cool to even be in the same room as President Monson. What a great man!

Amy said...

I have to say that the BYU bookstore does have the cutest shoes!
It was fun to hear about Women's Conf. I kept checking in to hear about it and went to your sisters blog because she was faster than you :)
Are you going to Ed. Week this year too?

chris jenkins said...

that is so awesome that you get to have that experience. i wish i had sisters to do that with.

Chellie said...

That is so awesome! I'm glad you all had a great time.

I love the shoes-- that would be SO me. :)

Nan said...

Man, I wish I had my camera at the concert. I hate the close-up at Thanksgiving Point although that was so much fun. Can't wait until tomorrow to get the present I bought that you didn't think I could buy for myself. HA! Can we request dorms?

M said...

What a fun thing! You all look so cute. I love the squeeze shot.

Clanturner said...

Looks fun. I need some new shoes - will you take me shopping?

Brynn said...

oh my gosh on the shoes. your obsessed!!! what size do you wear. We could share. i was there on friday and it was exactly that..... amazing. that was so cool when he walked in and everyone started singing. i loved it. i looked for you, but you must have been down in the front :)

MiandMiksmom said...

How fun!!!! It sounds like y'all had a blast. I didn't even know you could buy shoes in a bookstore...and such cute ones! You must be the best dressed mom ever!

Tauna said...

again I am so bummed that I missed out. Next year baby! love the shoes. I remember last year mine gave me blisters... so really you never know! Happy mother's day to you too! I love how the boys treated you! Your so great!