Thursday, April 2, 2009

no pain no gain?!?!?!

K- I just had a birthday and I'll admit I grew up in the 80's. No one exercised unless they were a jock (which I wasn't) or they danced (which my lack of cordination prohibited- I tried out for drill team, it was pathetic)


This is what exercise meant to me.....



Well my lack of exercise has been showing as I've attempted to do a body sculpting class at the church gym. I almost cried today....I'm pathetic....apparently my core is weak as are my arms. No Nan I'm not joining curves.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Just keep with it and it'll get a lot better. (At spin class they always say, give it at least 5 times before you decide you hate it) You'll even find out you like it. . . or at least your mind gets warped into thinking you liked it once you're finished :)

Chellie said...

If you can keep up with Richard, you are doing awesome! Now that's my kind of workout! All I do is run - I really don't like aerobics and spin class and boot camp and all those other fads.
The good news is that you look awesome and always have. Who needs exercise anyway? :)

Nan said...

You need to lift!! Mom has felt great after her work outs. I'm not saying join Curves b/c if I had a choice I'd go to a gym that offered classes. I would love to take a yoga class or a spin class but it's too convenient to stay at Curves. I am very motivated b/c I've been there forever and people notice if you don't show up.

Yoga is for the core!

MiandMiksmom said...

Body Pump and spin classes really are the best for me...it's fun to work out with friends, have a motivating teacher, and it really makes me feel better. Since I've moved, the gym here doesn't offer those classes and I can't tell you how much I miss it! Maybe I'll start a Richard workout...I could pop in the video and pretend you're here working out with me!!!!