Friday, February 15, 2008

revisiting the island of sodor

-K- I just thought this was cute.
The other day Connor came over to play and the boys made him a little train track. Well, after he left the boys continued to play with the track for about three or four days. I even heard comments like, "don't ruin the track while we are at school." They had different little houses set up for their trains and I just vacuumed around it. It definitely took me back to when they were little. Brennen got his first Thomas train set on his 3rd Christmas (just before he turned 3). He was so excited when he came into the room that he stopped breathing. Santa brought Dustin a Sesame Street set and he wouldn't even look at it. He was 15 months old and had an opinion. Good thing Boompa had bought them each an extra train. Caden and Dillon would play with the track a little but it was definitely more lively play and I would put it up so the track didn't get broken. However, the train set hadn't seen a lot of action over the last couple of years and besides offers to buy and Jake asking "why?" I've kept it, it's quite an investment. Now Connor loves to come to the boys house and the first thing he says to me when he walks in the door is "trains".

9 comments:

Chellie said...

That is so awesome! I actually remember as a little girl doing the same thing with Chaun, but with dolls or something we hadn't played with for a long time.
That is so cute about Connor-- Jak would love to play with them. Jaxon loves his Thomas the Train set!! It is a great investment!

Nan said...

Our train has been great. We haven't nailed it down it but the twins like to play with it on the ground too. I catch the older boys playing w/ our too. Every boy loves trains! Ours is not reversible w/ Thomas though... But I love the table, the twins love to play with it. Lucky Connor! The twins would love to have all those big boys helping them!

The Roe Family said...

i know connor is the luckiest littl kid. robin's boys are so great with him(and chase) and cocnnor loves them. everyday it's "boys house please" you can never get rid of that train set. our little one from target just doesn't compare. if you ever get rid of you have to let me have it. yesterday connor had all the boys pictures and was playing with them like playing cards.

M said...

Cute. I can't wait until Ethan loves trains. With all these boys in this family, I'd bet there are a lot of trains. We should have a big train party sometime.

Brynn said...

That is so cute. I dont know what it's like to have little train sets around the house. Mine is dolls and strollers and little polly pockets. Cute post.

Clanturner said...

We were so lucky to live in Germany where Trains RULE! We bought some great wooden trains for very great prices but Cameron never really liked them. But thank goodness we have Aedan. He loves them. I bought a big one that he can pull around but he likes the little ones and his sisters build quite the track set up.

Sarah said...

Trenton loves trains! i bet connor just loves coming over and playing with the trains with the "big boys!" how fun for him!

MiandMiksmom said...

OH, I love trains, but yours looks like the coolest ever!

Tauna said...

how cute! that's some good brother bonding time!! your boys have a great train set there. I'm sure it brought back a lot of memories!