Monday, February 4, 2008

new pet?!?

Caden is taking an enrichment after school class called Interesting Insects. When I picked him up from his first class he told me he got to eat a cricket. Sweet, I was thinking our 72 hr. kits might last a little longer if the boys will eat insects. Then today they sent him home with a new pet cockroach!?! He was so excited when he got in the car, he was like "mom look at my new pet Madagascar hissing cockroach". I was like what?! are you suppose to eat it? He's like "no it's a pet". I told him that it will be his pet until I step on it! He let me know that if the parents didn't want it, or were going to kill it, (he might have just added that last part) they needed to take it back to school tomorrow. I told him it could live in the garage till morning but apparently it won't survive because it's too cold. So somewhere in the house, hidden from mom, we have a new pet cockroach.
And this is what it looks like....

...........................................Gross!!!


On another note, I loved everyones response to the last post. However, the best had to be at church last Sunday when while in the hall during primary I hear a little voice say "Sis. Marshall I loved your dance." Then while we were waiting for closing exercises I had a lot of fans. One even chimed in with "I really don't think you can wear that dress to the dance". I was like "you all know that wasn't really me, right? it was just my head." I think they are all in the know and I'm more aware of who reads my blog. I'll have to add posts just for them every now and then.

10 comments:

Nan said...

don't cockroaches multiply or something! That is so gross! What is this teacher thinking? I think Vegas is in desperate need of a budget if this is the type of pet the kids get to bring home! I'm sure you could fry it up though and the boys would devour it.But apparently the teacher wants no harm done to the poor little "pet". I'd send it back! Sorry Caden. Those things freak me out!

Chellie said...

Yuck! Seriously... anything but a freakin' cockroach. Those things are just disgusting! Sounds like a cool class and good for the kids to learn and experiment, but I'm not so sure I'd want it in my house!!

Amy said...

You were brave to take it out of the jar! Logan brought one home too and I think the whole family screamed in unison when Tom attempted to open ours. Afterall, the instructions said they were really fast and could climb almost any surface. EWWWW! We sent ours back. What did Caden name his?
:), Amy

chris jenkins said...

umm. they just sort of sprung it on you guys? seriously, a cockroach!?

learning about insects - cool.

take home show and tell projects? - i think not!

Sarah said...

oh man that is nasty!!! i would not have a cockroach in my house! the picture was enough for me.

how funny about the primary kids.

robin said...

Caden's new pet didn't get taken back to school today ): and no that is not an actual photo I just pasted a pict from on line. Caden's cockroach, Rochelle, is still hidden. (I really don't know it's name). I'm hoping that he forgets about it and it dies in it's container.

Anonymous said...

This is Caden. First of all that picture is of a boy. Mine is a girl. Second the class is called Icky Insects.

Brynn said...

K these comments are funny. Especially Cadens. I think that's grose they sent him home with one. And how do you know it's a boy or girl Caden? That's weird. I think the school must have had too many wandering around the hall so they collected them and sent them each to a new home.

MiandMiksmom said...

Okay, I totally disagree with y'all. How fun, seriously. I wish my kids would come home with "pets." I mean, as long as they didn't get loose, how fun is that? Go Icky Insect classes!!! Wish I could sign my kids up! :)

And Robin, I can't believe people thought that was really you...are you sure???? That made me smile!

M said...

Sick.
You tell those kids that I think that dress really flattered your muscular arms and the tight pants were just the ticket on Jake.