Thursday, June 12, 2008

too much tv

I wasn't feeling great today so I watched a lot of t.v. It got me thinking of why I'm finding it so hard to jump on the I love Obama band wagon even for a second. The media totally wants me on board but there is just something about him that I can't trust.
First off I've heard all the blah-blah-blah that Hillary supporters have spread around and I'm not one to believe all I hear. I don't believe he hates America or any of that other stuff. (He has been wearing that flag pin lately)
So I've decided that perhaps it's because I was raised a conservative and have a hard time trusting liberals. Maybe?
Could it be his Pastor? or old Pastor, I don't understand who would go to church to get yelled at.
Or could it be because the media keeps comparing him to JFK. I have not been a JFK fan since I was in grade school studying history and my mom made a comment on how she didn't like him. He had affair after affair even having his two little "secrataries" in the White House. Then he had his "doctor" prescribing him drugs so he could handle all the big decisions he had. But I decided that my opinion of him was bias, I like my leaders to have morals, so I pulled out my president book to read up. It basically said he was young and attractive and the people loved him and his cute little family. He did handle the Cuban Missile Crisis. I'll give him that. He created the Peace Corp. and he helped out with civil rights but I really don't think he deserves much credit it was Martin Luther King that gets the credit.
So what do I think of when I hear that Obama is our JFK. I think, I wonder if Scarlett Johansson will be singing Happy Birthday Mr President at the White House anytime soon?

I do need to add a disclaimer I'm not saying that I believe that Obama is anything like JFK I'm just trying to figure out why I don't trust him.
I do have to say that McCain is looking better and better everyday and out of the two liberals I will most likely vote McCain.

7 comments:

chris jenkins said...

i am a little unsure of obama myself as well as mccain. they both have their faults. liberals can be great and scary at the same time. they effect changes that i think need to take place in order to get this country moving forward. however, they believe things that bother me some times.

MiandMiksmom said...

I just heard on the news this morning about a new website that is answering all these emails going around about Obama being Muslim, not saying the Pledge, etc, etc. I just got an email showing him with people in the full Muslim dress, stories and pictures about his dad and whatever, and apparently a lot of those were photoshopped. It's all very confusing, but when it comes down to it, there is just no way I can vote for him. I don't love McCain, but I really don't like Obama...and I'm not entirely sure why either.

Nan said...

I absolutely do not trust Obama. His preacher is not photoshopped and I really think he has not stated clearly what he stands for. His wife is hard to trust also. I just pray he doesn't pick Hillary to be his V.P.

Tauna said...

great post Robin. I love to hear other peoples opinion... all at the same time trying to figure out what my opinion is.

Tauna said...

I just have to tell you... I seriously love that skirt you gave me. I could wear it all the time. I make myself switch off with the others that I have. But Boy every time I wear that one I get so meny compliments- so thanks again!

Clanturner said...

I love your political topics. I totally agree. I don't trust Obama - his preacher/expreacher has a little to do with it. I tried really hard to like him b/c I knew he would get us out of Iraq and I was worried about what McCain would do to our already failing economy. If McCain would pick up Romney for VP that would be a winning ticket. I have come to realize that the war in Iraq is going to continue for a long long time and no one man can change that - so the war should not be the deciding factor for the next President. Obama scares me -

Clanturner said...

I love your political topics. I totally agree. I don't trust Obama - his preacher/expreacher has a little to do with it. I tried really hard to like him b/c I knew he would get us out of Iraq and I was worried about what McCain would do to our already failing economy. If McCain would pick up Romney for VP that would be a winning ticket. I have come to realize that the war in Iraq is going to continue for a long long time and no one man can change that - so the war should not be the deciding factor for the next President. Obama scares me -