Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well I survived Christmas! All I was thinking all week is who's bright idea was it to have the New Year right after Christmas? Whoever it was wasn't primary president at the time. However I survived church today too! yeah!!!

A little recap of our Christmas adventures.
A week before Christmas we find out that my little nephew, Mckay, was in the hospital because of a grand-maul seizure which lasted 45 min. I think he slept for at least 3 days before he woke up and they let him go home. We love you Mckay!
Then the Wednesday before Christmas Jake got a phone call that his uncle had died. We went to the funeral that Sat. These two experiences really put the season in perspective and it was humbling to see the true reason for Christmas and observe the Atonement in action and realize how much our Heavenly Father loves each one of us and is looking out for us.

On a lighter note "Yes" Santa came through once again and made it to the Marshall house we had a sword (legend of Zelda), a guitar hero, a Steve Smith Jersey, camcorder, ds lite (red & black) and Dallas Cowboy stuff awaiting when we woke up.
I know I'm horrible but I didn't get a picture of the younger two. Jake got them on the camcorder though. Then after Christmas we headed up to Utah for a little snow fun!! It was COLD!!! We were suppose to go skiing but temps of 4 degrees were scaring me a little. Alas, Brennen came to the rescue with a broken arm and skiing was off. His last words as he headed out the door was. "I'm going to rub some little kids faces in the snow." (jokingly) They were having a snowball fight and he went to jump out of the tree house and got his feet caught in the ladder. He suffered a buckle fracture on his wrist and should be all healed in 3 more weeks. We took him to the clinic and walked out in less than an hour cast and all. You've got to love Utah!! When the lady asked me his birthday I said today! And the doctor said well you can't say I never gave you anything for your birthday.
Happy 15th Birthday Brennen!!!

We did make it home in time for Brennen to head to the New Year's Eve dance and for me to fall asleep on the couch only to be woken up by Jake with minutes to spare. Luckily they play it all over again so I watched Dick's Rockin' New Years Eve till the wee hours in the morning! All while Brennen again managed another dance without having to dance with a girl (I think he means slow dance but who knows).
And that about raps it up. For all you who took the time to read this WHOLE thing. SWEET and I'll treat you with my Christmas picts of my decorating which I never posted.





Here are my boy's elves. We bought Brennen's when he was one and we were visiting Aunt Sandee back in D.C. It's guarded our star every Christmas since. The rest I got at Marshalls. (I love that store)


And this is my house minus one little tree upstairs for the boys. And yeah it's all down now!!!!


9 comments:

Chellie said...

I was so excited to see your new post!
Sorry about the loss of Jake's uncle. I'm glad you were able to be there for Jake and his family. ...and little Mckay, what a sweetheart. I'm glad he is home now.
Christmas sounds like it was awesome! You guys totally need to come and play Rockband with us!!
I love all your decor! Great job Robin. Your house looks so warm and inviting.

Tauna said...

isn't it amazing how things like that really make you stop and think about life and what really matters. Dec. was quite the month for all of us wasn't it! Jan. always seems to be a slower month- right, it better be! Thats cool you guys got a camcorder, you'll love having it. that will be fun recording all the boys in their activities. priceless!

robin said...

Caden got the camcorder. He is planning on being a director. Only the camera santa brought doesn't have a pause so no one can make a mistake.

MiandMiksmom said...

Your house is beautiful! I can't believe Brennen broke his arm on his birthday and on vacation. I mean, come on, that's terrible! I love the elves, and I love the gifts!

Brynn said...

Cute pictures Robin and Yes I read all of it. That stinks that he broke his arm on his birthday. I wouldn't have gone skiing in 4 degree weather either. That's just NOT fun. I'm a wimp now though. Your house looks so cute dressed in Christmas.

M said...

Wow Robin. You went ALL OUT. It looks awesome - or looked awesome. One day we will have to visit you during Christmas (like how I invited us over?) to see it all.

Tauna said...

oh yea!... I missed that i guess! well at least someone in your family will be using it. Maybe he'll let you borrow it!?!
I also wanted to tell you that your house looked way festive for the holidays, so neat and tidy too!

Nan said...

Cute elves! I've never noticed them before.
Well, we haven't received a notice from a lawyer yet about being sued by some superman in Vegas so I guess we are out of the woods!
Hopefully we will be down in March. Do you go all out for St. Patricks day too?

The Roe Family said...

my favorite is the penguine tree. luke hurley started piano today. he is so cute, and little.