Thursday, April 10, 2008

"POP"

My sil Michelle worked at Anthropologie for a season. It was great fun and I totally enjoyed it while it lasted. She let me in on a little secret that they tell their employees... that each outfit should have a "pop" piece, something that your eye is drawn too. So I've been trying it and wearing fun shoes or jewelry I've bought and never thought I had the right outfit that matched. Nan you might want to sit down for this but... apparently you don't have to match. It tons of fun although I do realize my wardrobe has to expand to have more fun. I will say I get more comments on my shoes when they pop out of my outfit. (and yes I do realize that not everyone is sincere, some respond from shock because they don't match) So try a little pop it's actually kinda fun to think about as your getting ready each day! If you need a little insight I'll include a web site that my friend gave me. Most Parisians have no pop but keep looking you'll find it. CLICK HERE

10 comments:

chris jenkins said...

i've been diggin on your fabulously cute shoes - do tell where are you finding them? will you share the secret?

thanks for the style lesson - and the link - i haven't the first clue about style - i'm boring - give me a t-shirt and jeans - lol.

MiandMiksmom said...

I am so boring when it comes to what I wear...thanks for the tips...I want to buy more cute shoes. I wear my Nikes or flip flops every day.

Brynn said...

You have been popping lately. Like your necklace last time I saw you. Good job. I love this. I'm gonna try to pop.

Chellie said...

I'm really simple with my jewelry, but I love cool/cute/stylish shoes. When I come home with more, I'll just tell Dame that I needed some "POP."

Can you take some pictures of yourself? I'd love to actually see your pop!

M said...

I love this post. You are hilarious, Robin.

Clanturner said...

I can totally see you wearing the outfit on your friend's blog - the one from midtown - NYC - with the striped pants. Too cute. LOL! I have so much cute jewlery but I never take time to put it on. I also have a shoe fetish, but my feet are all weird so I can only wear really good shoes - not such a good idea to buy $100 shoes in hot pink. You are so fun -

Anonymous said...

I'm all about the "pop!" You rock it girl.

Babs said...

I'm so not anonymous.

Roger That said...

Okay Robin I love this post...the past couple months I have been like no one is matching anymore! So, I decided I could wear my red shoes with all back or green and black or whatever. I have really enjoyed it. Not quite as much as the pictures on the link you gave but I think I am really liking the direction of this POPING thing:) Thanks for keeping me in the fashion loop.

Nan said...

Does not-matching also include not going w/ the outfit style wise?? I have a hard time putting those red bow shoes w/ things other than levi's... My problen is not matching. I go to put on those shoes but already have red in the outfit. Too much red is also a big no no but I'm learning.

Me and Sandee are going to let you be the fashion guru for Womens conf. We're bringing levi's and going casual. So no competition this year for you, sorry!