Sunday, March 30, 2008

happy birthday to me!


Since I don't seem to be on the Relief Society birthday calendar I need to shout out my birthday each year so here I go...
Today is my birthday... but I've been partying since Thurs.
My friends from church had a birthday luncheon for me and my sil Michelle. I hope everyone got the word and nobody reads this as news because I told them to invite everyone. (everyone wasn't there but I'm sure they had good excuses)

On Friday Michelle and I had a manicure/pedicure it was a lot of fun to get pampered and sit in the massage chairs while we gossiped. (we plan on making it a monthly event, we'll see)

Then we headed up to George to see my parents who are making their way home from their mission in D.C. It was great to see them and I'm so excited that they are home so I can see them more often, I hope! (that's my little niece Kaylee w/her tongue sticking out, such a cutey!)

Jake and the boys came in this morning as I was getting ready with a cute homemade card (boy style) and a present.
They bought me a new camera!!!

I know everyone else is getting fancy big camera's but I wanted a tiny one I could fit in my purse. I'm so excited. My hope is that since it fits in my purse I'll always have it and will take more picts. We'll see if my theory holds up.

Today at church all the primary kids sang to me, (and the other birthday kids.) Little Olivia was so excited for me. After I sat down she, who is 4, was saying, "Wobin, it's your birfday? Today? How old are you?" and to that I answer 29, again.

Let's just say that I wasn't alive when the first man walked on the moon but I do remember walking home from school singing Jimmy Carter is a farter! (very rude)


I have to shout out to Chaun who's b-day is tomorrow! Happy Birthday, are you 29 too?

9 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

If you are 29, then I can't be a day older than 28!!!! Happy Birthday! I always remember your birthday and thought about you yesterday. We have been partying for my birthday since Thursday too...and it's a good thing because everyone except Mikayla forgot to say Happy Birthday this morning! I hope you had a great one...it sounds like you did!

Nan said...

Happy Birthday! Cute shirt. I tried to wear mine yesterday but my black skirts were all wrong. One was ankle length and the other flairs. I need a pencil short one I think. But I am enjoying both shoes although I probably wear them all wrong.
29? I think you are about a decade too slow. That would make you about the same age as Ryan, 6 siblings younger than you!
Jealous you have already seen Mom & Dad. Looks fun!

Chellie said...

Happy Birthday! Shoot, I've been saying I am 28, but if Chaun is now 28, then I guess I am 27. That works for me!! :)
I love my purse camera! You'll loving having it with you wherever you go-- just remember to take it out and charge the batteries every once in awhile-- it's always the best moments that the dead battery sign starts flashing! :)
Sounds like you still are living it up and partying hard! Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

Brynn said...

Cute pictures Robin. I love them. You are one hot blondie. Happy Birthday yesterday. I hope your b-day weekend was great. It sounds like it was. I'm 29 too, forever. AT least I feel like it!!!

Babs said...

Happy Birthday girl. Cheers to 29! Its a great year to relive every year.

chris jenkins said...

you would think that after being in the ward for how long, they could get that fixed?

i'm really sorry i missed your b-day lunch - i wasn't feeling very well that day and so i didn't want to ruin the party.

so happy for you that your parents have finally come home from their mission - what a special gift to be able to see them

here's to celebrating being 29 forever :) glad to hear you had a good birthday!

Tauna said...

yeah... were all 29! I'm staying 29 forever too! Actually My cousin Dana and i always say that we are forever 22. that's cool you got a new camera. now you better post pictures like crazy! love all the younger year pictures and the one with ken a judi too. how fun!

Leslie S. said...

I am sorry I had to miss the birthday celebration. It is those darn kids again, I had to pick them up from preschool and take them to dance. Only another year till kindergarten, then definiately count me in! Happy birthday.

Roger That said...

I love the pictures of when your little. You were so cute...what happened? J/K "One Hot Momma," have you heard it. I am sure Jake plays it for you often.

Happy Birthday! and I'm glad your parents are home.